Avon Park Mower-Plex Kart Class Rules 2017
This class an Engine Claim Rule class
- Driver 16 years old at the beginning of the season.
- Must be sprint kart chassis only. NO CHAMP WINGED OR YARD KART.
- All Karts must pass safety tech and driver must wear all safety equipment required of Avon Park Mower-Plex. (long pants, jacket, gloves, shoes that cover ankles, full face helmet and neck brace)
- Open Weight.
- 35 chain only, no 219 chain allowed
- Open tire brands. May be slick or treads no larger than 13”
- Must have working kill switch.
- Karts must have numbers minimum of 5 inches on all four sides
- Unleaded pump gas only. No methanol or race fuel. Stay-bil additive is ok.
- Clutch must be a shoed clutch. No disc or torque converters or gears.
- Exhaust can not extend past rear bumper. May have open header or muffler.
- Aluminum flywheel is required if governor is removed.
- Engine: Must be Predator 6.5OHV 212cc. Engine must remain stock internally, No machining, porting, polishing. Allowed changes include Flywheel, Header, Carb/Air Filter. Oil sensor and governor may be disabled or removed. The fuel tank may remain stock or you may install a flat metal plate in the original tank location for the purpose of mounting the throttle linkage and fuel pump. Fuel pump may be pulsed from either the crank case or valve cover only. Pull starter must be present but may be rotated for better crank angle.
Claim Rule Explaned
- Only the top 3 finishers can claim a motor on the kart finishing ahead of them. 2nd can claim 1st and 3rd can claim 2nd. (last place can’t claim 1st place)
- To claim the engine for the kart finishing directly in front of you, you must notify a track official immediately following the end of the feature of the intended claim. Then you must pay $170.00 to the claimed karter.
- The claim will consist of the engine only. The air filter, jet/Etube, exhaust, flywheel, clutch and guard can be removed.
- Not honoring the claim rule will result in loss of points and finishing position for the night and expulsion from the class.
- A claimed engine is NOT an indication of cheating or rules violation. Even is you suspect the engine to be illegal and you claim it, that kart will maintain their finishing position and points.
- The claimed engine will not be allowed to be torn down a the track for the purpose of determining legality. Legal or not, once you claim an engine it is yours. The claimer assumes all responsibility.
Track officials decisions are final.
These rules can not be contested.